Category Archives: Bluetooth headset
Here are our top 12 key differences between two fantastic bluetooth intercom headsets from Sena.
- The SMH 5 model is primarily designed with scooter riders in mind, whilst the SMH 10 is designed for motorcycle riders and groups.
- The SMH10 supports 4-way multipair conferencing, in other words, 4 riders can talk together.
- The SMH 5 is small and lightweight compared to the SMH 10 whilst the larger jog dial wheel on the SMH 10 is easy to use with gloves, turning volume up down, and most importantly easy to put on standby when the Misses is talking too much.
- The SMH 10 will give up to 900 metres intercom between riders whilst the SMH 5 will provide up to 400 metres intercom between riders.
- The SMH 10 has great optional clamp kits readily available to suit different helmets including clamp kits such as BYO earbuds for riders who wish to use your own.
- The SMH 10 dual kit has two of absolutely everything in the twin pack which makes it a great pack for mates to split and share for intercoms
- The SMH 5 will give you up to 8 hours talk time whilst the SMH 10 will give you up to 12 hours, as easy full days ride.
- The SMH10 supports VOX whilst the SMH5 does not .
- The SMH 5 will give you up to 7 days standby whilst the SMH10 will give you up to 10 days
- The SMH 5 has an optional detachable microphone from the clamp kit so if you just want to listen to music or your GPS navigation then you don’t need the microphone bobbing around in front of your chin, of course this means you cannot talk.
- The SMH 10 helmet clamp kits will allow riders to use non Bluetooth devices via an input 3.5mm jack so iPod’s or other MP3s which don’t have Bluetooth can still be connected.
- In the SMH 5 sales pack, riders are supplied with a micro USB cable for charging whilst both the single and dual SMH 10 packs are currently supplied with 3 charging options; a bike cig charger; AC power adapter and a micro USB charge cable
Whatever your requirements the SMH5 or SMH10 will ensure a more relaxed, safe and enjoyable ride. Both models are software upgradable via the micro USB port, and are supported by a 2 year warranty.
Building on the success of the “SMH10, The Best Motorcycle Headset and Intercom”. Sena have now introduced a new version the SMH5.
The Sena SMH5 Bluetooth Intercom headset for helmets is designed specifically for Motorcycle and Scooter riders and allows wireless communications via a mobile phone or intercom conversations with other riders or your pillion passenger.
The SMH5 supports Bluetooth connectivity with up to 4 riders using the Multi-Pair Intercom functionality. Stereo Speakers means you will experience great sound whilst listening to music or talking with a pillion or other motorcycle riders. Pairing a GPS to the headset also means turn by turn instructions are heard loud and clear. Additionally a UHF two way radio can also be connected to the SMH5 via the bluetooth adapter SR10
We get asked a lot what the difference is between the SMH5 and the SMH10. Here is the comparison:
|Sena SMH10 v SMH5 Product Comparison|
|Talk time: HOURS||12||8|
|Standby time: DAYS||10||7|
|Working Distance (Intercom) in open terrain||900metres||400 metres|
|Headset Dimensions||84.1mm x 56.5mm x 38.6mm||70mm x 45mm x 30.6mm|
|Clamp unit:||224mm x 85.5mm x 30.6mm||49mm x 39mm x 22mm|
|Headset Weight||60 g||40 g|
|Clamp unit Weight||84 g||37 g|
|Hand-Free Profile (HFP),||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),||Yes||Yes|
|Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)||Yes||Yes|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth V2.1+EDR||Bluetooth V3.0|
|BT Multipoint connectivity||Yes||Yes|
|Built-in SBC Codec||Yes||Yes|
|wind noise reduction||Yes||Yes|
|wide volume control||Yes||Yes|
|sample rate: 48kHz (DAC)||Yes||Yes|
|auxiliary audio-in connection via 3.5mm jack||Yes||NO|
|Battery Charging time:||2.5||2.5|
|Optional Clamp Kits||Attachable Boom, wired mic & earbuds||Boom & wired mic Only, NO Earbud|
|Bluetooth Connection to SR10||Yes||Yes|
|Intercom Conferencing||YES up to 4||YES up to 5|
|2 Year Warranty||Yes||Yes|
|Whats in the Box||SMH10 BT Unit||SMH5 BT Unit|
|USB Power Cable||USB Power Cable ONLY|
|DC Power Charger||Boom Microphone + mic sponge|
|Cigarette Charger||Wired Speaker|
|3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack Cable||Clamp Unit|
|Speaker – Microphone Clamp Unit||Velcro Pad & a spacer|
|Glued Surface Mounting Adaptor||Glued Surface Mounting Adaptors|
|Velcro Pad||Hex/Allen Keys|
Mr Mobile Australia is pleased to announce the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Trade-in Program! The SMH10B Upgrade kit is a new kit designed to support Mr Mobile’s Sena customers who have purchased a SMH10 prior to September 2011 and wish to make use of the firmware upgrades from Sena.
This kit will be made available via a trade-in Program by Mr Mobile Australia and includes FREE SHIPPING
The SMH10B upgrade kit consists of
- 1 x bluetooth main module with Micro USB charging port
- 1 x micro USB Power Cable
- 1 x cigarette charger with micro USB
New Features of SMH10B
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- Firmware upgradeable
- Pairing with selective profile A2DP stereo or Handsfree.
This is a TRADE-in Program ONLY.
Please follow the process below to receive your upgrade kit(s)
- Purchase and Pay for the SMH10 Updgrade kit(s) online.
- Click here to download trade in form to return your trade-in units
- Return the old version BT module only, DO NOT SEND any other components. Post to Mr Mobile, Shop E, 1 Shirley st Alexandria NSW 2015.
- The New units will ONLY be sent after receipt of trade-in units.
The Sena SMH5 is on its way to Australia! We will be showcasing it this weekend at the Australian Motorcycle Show on the Gold Coast. Come and find us for your personal demonstration of its fabulous features.
The SMH5 is a Bluetooth v3.0 Stereo Headset with Bluetooth Intercom is designed specifically for motorcycles. With the SMH5, you can call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone, listen to music or voice instructions from your GPS and have two-way intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger or other motorcycle riders.
Thanks to the latest Bluetooth v3.0 and the advanced digital processing technology, the SMH5 offers the best sound quality for both incoming and outgoing sound in its class. Also, the easy-to-access and intuitive button operations make the SMH5 a perfect companion for motorcycles.
The SMH5 has a few less items in the sales pack and a with a basic offering, it comes with a very enticing price!
Features (Fact Sheet Sena SMH5)
* Bluetooth Specification v3.0
* Bluetooth Intercom up to 400 metres***
* Multi-Pair Bluetooth intercom for 4 persons
* Bluetooth stereo headset for Bluetooth audio devices such as MP3 players
* Bluetooth music playback control by AVRCP: play, pause, track forward and track back
* Easy operation by versatile Jog Dial
* Sufficient sound level with integrated audio booster
* Bluetooth hands-free for Bluetooth mobiles
* Bluetooth headset or stereo headset for Bluetooth GPS navigation
* Water resistant for use in inclement weather
* Crystal clear and natural sound quality
* Individual volume control for each audio source
* Firmware upgradeable
* Up to 8 hours talk time, 7 days stand-by time
*** in open terrain
Whats in the Box
- 1 X Headset Main Unit
- 1 x Glued Surface Mounting Adaptor
- 1 x Velcro Pad
- 1 x Speaker – Microphone Clamp Unit
- 1 x USB Power Cable,
- NB: there is no A/C charger or Cig Charger included these are sold separately
- 1 x Microphone sponge
- 1x Hex/Allen Key
Arriving shortly in Australia, so pre-order yours now to get some of the first to arrive!
We have exciting news! The brand new ViseeO MB-4 is on it’s way and Mr Mobile will have the first units available in Australia!
The ViseeO MB-4 is a Bluetooth adapter designed for Mercedes cars built between 2005 – 2009.
The MB-4 Bluetooth kit will allow full integration between your Mercedes command module and a Bluetooth phone of your choice.
The Viseeo MB-4 replaces the MB-2 (no longer available), and has many new software and hardware improvements.
The MB-4 is now powered by a Bluetooth module from Parrot, (the industry leader in Bluetooth technology). It also features a clever multiple pairing mode, which allows up to 4 phones to be paired at the same time. You can easily switch between each phone to use with the car kit by the press of a single button.
The MB-4 also features USB charging which will allow you to charge any mobile phone via a USB charger. Once paired, your phone will automatically connect everytime you turn the ignition on. When a phone is connected and in use the MB-4 will mute the radio system and the conversation will be conducted through your mercedes existing speakers and microphone.
The MB-4 works in almost all cars with a UHI connector. If you have an existing cradle, simply unclip it and remove it, then clip in the MB-4. You MUST have the UHI connector to be able to use the MB-4. The MB4 allows use of the factory fitted Mercedes phone system including steering wheel control with any Bluetooth phone. Requires no installation, easily self installed. Order yours today!
Detailed ViseeO MB-4 Features:
- Bright OLED display
- SYNC Now Button
- Install it yourself
- Phonebook transfer for each paired mobile phone
- Compatible with most Bluetooth mobile phones including iPhone 4 and 4s
- Steering wheel control integration if available in the Mercedes
- Command keypad control
- Phonebook displayed on the Mercedes Dash
- Multiple phone memory – pair up to 4 phones each with its own memory
- Dashboard display in instrument cluster where fitted
- Microphone volume control to prevent echo
- Privacy feature – transfer calls to handset
- Voice dialing with compatible mobile phones
- Maintains call logs
- Clear call history feature
- Object Push Profile for sending contacts when Auto-Sync is not possible
- Includes full manual with instructions
- Full 12 Month Manufacturers Warranty
- Mr Mobile 12 month support and service
- Quick Switch button for paired phones
We are very excited to be here today at the Australian Motorcycle Expo at Darling Harbour in Sydney. The motors are revving, the bikes are shining and the stunts are flying! Excitement is in the air and we’re in for a big weekend.
We’ve got the Sena bluetooth intercom products, which are always a hit with bike riders. We are here all weekend – so drop in and say hi!
Here are some of the sights so far!
The highest rated motorcycle bluetooth intercom unit in the world. They are big claims from Mr Mobile! Check out his video review of the Sena SMH10 and the SR10. Whether you are talking rider to rider, rider to pillion or to a whole group travelling together these are the units for you. Check them out!
Must have? You can buy them online here and we’ll ship the same or next day!
Do you use a UHF radio for communicating or wish you could communicate to many people at once? Don’t be limited by old technology…..jump into 2011 and experience the latest innovation that allows you to integrate the best of headsets, bluetooth and UHF. Mr Mobile will be the first to bring this powerful technology to Australia.
The brand new Sena SR10 has numerous applications. Whether it is motorcycle group riding, outdoor sports and activities or security, the Sena SR10 is a Bluetooth two-way radio adaptor based on bluetooth 2.1 and EDR technology.
This technology will change the way you communicate and all hands free! The unit is about the size of a small mobile phone and comes with clips and attachments for easy positioning. It is powered by a USB rechargeable battery and also comes with a power adaptor.
You can connect various non Bluetooth devices such as two-way radios to the SR10 and talk wirelessly using a Bluetooth headset. The SR10 also allows you to connect other non-Bluetooth devices such as a radar detector or a GPS.
The SR10, allows you to talk by phone or by two-way radio, listen to an alarm signal from a radar detector or to the guidance from your GPS.
The idea is to connect your devices to the SR10 “hub” which streams everything to your Sena or other Bluetooth headset or intercom.
The features of this funky unit are:
- Bluetooth hands-free adapter for two-way radios
- Bluetooth hands-free gateway for mobile phones
- Connect 1 two-way radio and 1 mobile phone simultaneously
- Compatible with standard stereo or mono Bluetooth headsets
- AUX input for GPS, radar or Radar detectors
- Handlebar mounting & belt clamping
- Wired PTT button extension for handlebar grip mounting
- Optional 12V bike-powered kit with on/off control by ignition switch
- Firmware upgradeable
- Two-year limited warranty
It has 12 hours talk time a whopping 10 days standby, making it the perfect accessory for long trips or critical communications.
We will have these in Australia by early October….so pre-order yours now so you don’t miss out!
I have an SMH-10 now, and an SR-10 would really make for the ultimate motorcycle electronics setup. I already have GMRS radios that will work, and the Motorola 75-785 CB that should, so with 2 wires I’d be able to use either one. I could wire my radar detector with external speaker port to it, and even a Sony Walkman I have with an FM tuner. GPS, MP3, phone, GMRS, CB, FM and radar!
Can’t wait to get my hands on the SR10. I think of this as a Bluetooth router. Cool.
Recently Sena Technologies, attended the Outdoor Retailer Show 2011 in Salt Lake City, Utah. They’ve shared with us this fantastic video, made by the American Outdoor TV Show, showcasing all the features of their products, particularly the new SPH10. They also showcase the SR10 and the SMH10. This is the best demonstration we’ve seen of these great products. And remember…..Mr Mobile is the first to bring the new products to Australia. So order now!