Here are our top 12 key differences between two fantastic bluetooth intercom headsets from Sena.
- The SMH 5 model is primarily designed with scooter riders in mind, whilst the SMH 10 is designed for motorcycle riders and groups.
- The SMH10 supports 4-way multipair conferencing, in other words, 4 riders can talk together.
- The SMH 5 is small and lightweight compared to the SMH 10 whilst the larger jog dial wheel on the SMH 10 is easy to use with gloves, turning volume up down, and most importantly easy to put on standby when the Misses is talking too much.
- The SMH 10 will give up to 900 metres intercom between riders whilst the SMH 5 will provide up to 400 metres intercom between riders.
- The SMH 10 has great optional clamp kits readily available to suit different helmets including clamp kits such as BYO earbuds for riders who wish to use your own.
- The SMH 10 dual kit has two of absolutely everything in the twin pack which makes it a great pack for mates to split and share for intercoms
- The SMH 5 will give you up to 8 hours talk time whilst the SMH 10 will give you up to 12 hours, as easy full days ride.
- The SMH10 supports VOX whilst the SMH5 does not .
- The SMH 5 will give you up to 7 days standby whilst the SMH10 will give you up to 10 days
- The SMH 5 has an optional detachable microphone from the clamp kit so if you just want to listen to music or your GPS navigation then you don’t need the microphone bobbing around in front of your chin, of course this means you cannot talk.
- The SMH 10 helmet clamp kits will allow riders to use non Bluetooth devices via an input 3.5mm jack so iPod’s or other MP3s which don’t have Bluetooth can still be connected.
- In the SMH 5 sales pack, riders are supplied with a micro USB cable for charging whilst both the single and dual SMH 10 packs are currently supplied with 3 charging options; a bike cig charger; AC power adapter and a micro USB charge cable
Whatever your requirements the SMH5 or SMH10 will ensure a more relaxed, safe and enjoyable ride. Both models are software upgradable via the micro USB port, and are supported by a 2 year warranty.
The Sena SMH5 is on its way to Australia! We will be showcasing it this weekend at the Australian Motorcycle Show on the Gold Coast. Come and find us for your personal demonstration of its fabulous features.
The SMH5 is a Bluetooth v3.0 Stereo Headset with Bluetooth Intercom is designed specifically for motorcycles. With the SMH5, you can call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone, listen to music or voice instructions from your GPS and have two-way intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger or other motorcycle riders.
Thanks to the latest Bluetooth v3.0 and the advanced digital processing technology, the SMH5 offers the best sound quality for both incoming and outgoing sound in its class. Also, the easy-to-access and intuitive button operations make the SMH5 a perfect companion for motorcycles.
The SMH5 has a few less items in the sales pack and a with a basic offering, it comes with a very enticing price!
Features (Fact Sheet Sena SMH5)
* Bluetooth Specification v3.0
* Bluetooth Intercom up to 400 metres***
* Multi-Pair Bluetooth intercom for 4 persons
* Bluetooth stereo headset for Bluetooth audio devices such as MP3 players
* Bluetooth music playback control by AVRCP: play, pause, track forward and track back
* Easy operation by versatile Jog Dial
* Sufficient sound level with integrated audio booster
* Bluetooth hands-free for Bluetooth mobiles
* Bluetooth headset or stereo headset for Bluetooth GPS navigation
* Water resistant for use in inclement weather
* Crystal clear and natural sound quality
* Individual volume control for each audio source
* Firmware upgradeable
* Up to 8 hours talk time, 7 days stand-by time
*** in open terrain
Whats in the Box
- 1 X Headset Main Unit
- 1 x Glued Surface Mounting Adaptor
- 1 x Velcro Pad
- 1 x Speaker – Microphone Clamp Unit
- 1 x USB Power Cable,
- NB: there is no A/C charger or Cig Charger included these are sold separately
- 1 x Microphone sponge
- 1x Hex/Allen Key
Arriving shortly in Australia, so pre-order yours now to get some of the first to arrive!