Category Archives: Bluetooth
Here are our top 12 key differences between two fantastic bluetooth intercom headsets from Sena.
- The SMH 5 model is primarily designed with scooter riders in mind, whilst the SMH 10 is designed for motorcycle riders and groups.
- The SMH10 supports 4-way multipair conferencing, in other words, 4 riders can talk together.
- The SMH 5 is small and lightweight compared to the SMH 10 whilst the larger jog dial wheel on the SMH 10 is easy to use with gloves, turning volume up down, and most importantly easy to put on standby when the Misses is talking too much.
- The SMH 10 will give up to 900 metres intercom between riders whilst the SMH 5 will provide up to 400 metres intercom between riders.
- The SMH 10 has great optional clamp kits readily available to suit different helmets including clamp kits such as BYO earbuds for riders who wish to use your own.
- The SMH 10 dual kit has two of absolutely everything in the twin pack which makes it a great pack for mates to split and share for intercoms
- The SMH 5 will give you up to 8 hours talk time whilst the SMH 10 will give you up to 12 hours, as easy full days ride.
- The SMH10 supports VOX whilst the SMH5 does not .
- The SMH 5 will give you up to 7 days standby whilst the SMH10 will give you up to 10 days
- The SMH 5 has an optional detachable microphone from the clamp kit so if you just want to listen to music or your GPS navigation then you don’t need the microphone bobbing around in front of your chin, of course this means you cannot talk.
- The SMH 10 helmet clamp kits will allow riders to use non Bluetooth devices via an input 3.5mm jack so iPod’s or other MP3s which don’t have Bluetooth can still be connected.
- In the SMH 5 sales pack, riders are supplied with a micro USB cable for charging whilst both the single and dual SMH 10 packs are currently supplied with 3 charging options; a bike cig charger; AC power adapter and a micro USB charge cable
Whatever your requirements the SMH5 or SMH10 will ensure a more relaxed, safe and enjoyable ride. Both models are software upgradable via the micro USB port, and are supported by a 2 year warranty.
We are very excited to be here today at the Australian Motorcycle Expo at Darling Harbour in Sydney. The motors are revving, the bikes are shining and the stunts are flying! Excitement is in the air and we’re in for a big weekend.
We’ve got the Sena bluetooth intercom products, which are always a hit with bike riders. We are here all weekend – so drop in and say hi!
Here are some of the sights so far!
The highest rated motorcycle bluetooth intercom unit in the world. They are big claims from Mr Mobile! Check out his video review of the Sena SMH10 and the SR10. Whether you are talking rider to rider, rider to pillion or to a whole group travelling together these are the units for you. Check them out!
Must have? You can buy them online here and we’ll ship the same or next day!
Do you use a UHF radio for communicating or wish you could communicate to many people at once? Don’t be limited by old technology…..jump into 2011 and experience the latest innovation that allows you to integrate the best of headsets, bluetooth and UHF. Mr Mobile will be the first to bring this powerful technology to Australia.
The brand new Sena SR10 has numerous applications. Whether it is motorcycle group riding, outdoor sports and activities or security, the Sena SR10 is a Bluetooth two-way radio adaptor based on bluetooth 2.1 and EDR technology.
This technology will change the way you communicate and all hands free! The unit is about the size of a small mobile phone and comes with clips and attachments for easy positioning. It is powered by a USB rechargeable battery and also comes with a power adaptor.
You can connect various non Bluetooth devices such as two-way radios to the SR10 and talk wirelessly using a Bluetooth headset. The SR10 also allows you to connect other non-Bluetooth devices such as a radar detector or a GPS.
The SR10, allows you to talk by phone or by two-way radio, listen to an alarm signal from a radar detector or to the guidance from your GPS.
The idea is to connect your devices to the SR10 “hub” which streams everything to your Sena or other Bluetooth headset or intercom.
The features of this funky unit are:
- Bluetooth hands-free adapter for two-way radios
- Bluetooth hands-free gateway for mobile phones
- Connect 1 two-way radio and 1 mobile phone simultaneously
- Compatible with standard stereo or mono Bluetooth headsets
- AUX input for GPS, radar or Radar detectors
- Handlebar mounting & belt clamping
- Wired PTT button extension for handlebar grip mounting
- Optional 12V bike-powered kit with on/off control by ignition switch
- Firmware upgradeable
- Two-year limited warranty
It has 12 hours talk time a whopping 10 days standby, making it the perfect accessory for long trips or critical communications.
We will have these in Australia by early October….so pre-order yours now so you don’t miss out!
I have an SMH-10 now, and an SR-10 would really make for the ultimate motorcycle electronics setup. I already have GMRS radios that will work, and the Motorola 75-785 CB that should, so with 2 wires I’d be able to use either one. I could wire my radar detector with external speaker port to it, and even a Sony Walkman I have with an FM tuner. GPS, MP3, phone, GMRS, CB, FM and radar!
Can’t wait to get my hands on the SR10. I think of this as a Bluetooth router. Cool.
More and more cars are coming with adaptors to stream music and speak on the phone, through an inbuilt cable. But what if you have a beloved Mercedes and you’re not ready to upgrade? And who need cables when it can all be done wirelessly? The recently released ViseeO MB-3 Mercedes Bluetooth and iPod adaptor in Australia was met with a huge response. It sold out in the first week and continues to drive out the door! We’ve ordered in more, so you won’t miss out.
Built on the success of the popular MB-2 Bluetooth upgrade adaptor, the ViseeO engineer team is always looking for more functionality beyond a Bluetooth communication device. That’s why they’ve gone back to the drawing board and come up with a premium Bluetooth device that brings even better communication and entertainment experiences to your prestigious cockpit.
We’ve been asked why people should upgrade or purchase this nifty adaptor, so here are the reasons why!
1. MB-3 is equipped with the new CK5050+ Bluetooth module supplied by Parrot, the leading Bluetooth handsfree company worldwide. This module will bring you amazingly fast phonebook sync performance, excellent compatibility and brilliant sound. With more pairing device support you can now pair up to 4 phones with MB-3 and each pairing setting can carry up to 1000 phonebook number individually to gives you total of 4000 phonebook entries* for each MB-3.
2. Music streaming is No. 1 desired feature. As Mercedes UHI interface was originally designed for mono sound communication, it cannot carry stereo music to your console. The ViseeO team has come up a relatively easy solution for playing the external music in stereo sound via the built in FM transmitter. With 3 memory channels, the MB-3 allows you to broadcast the A2DP/iPod/iPhone/AUX-IN music to your car radio with near CD quality sound.
3. No drain: Have you experienced battery drain from using Bluetooth in the past? The MB-3 will charge an iPod or iPhone via the 5v dock cable, so you don’t compromise the battery life to listen to music or use the in-car handsfree. The adaptor includes a USB charging feature that allows you to charge your iPod/iPhone, phone, MP-3 player, and many other devices that can be charged via PC’s USB port.
4. Fully integrated: The MB-3 integrates with steering wheel buttons to give you full and easy access to all functions, right in front of you. The adaptor stores neatly in your armrest along with your iPhone or MP3 player. No messy cords or fiddling to find your favourite song – it’s all at your finger tips!
The recommended retail price is $549, but we have them for you at just $415. Order today as these will sell out fast again and we have only got access to limited stock – click here to order and you’ll be listening to your favourite tracks next week!
* Each MB-3 can actually receive up to 5000 entries per upload however Mercedes console has limited the number of entries to be displayed on its screen therefore depending on the console it can show either 1000 or 650 entries. With up to 4 devices can be paired therefore, each MB-3 can carry up to total of 4000 phonebook numbers.
Recently Sena Technologies, attended the Outdoor Retailer Show 2011 in Salt Lake City, Utah. They’ve shared with us this fantastic video, made by the American Outdoor TV Show, showcasing all the features of their products, particularly the new SPH10. They also showcase the SR10 and the SMH10. This is the best demonstration we’ve seen of these great products. And remember…..Mr Mobile is the first to bring the new products to Australia. So order now!
Driving down the freeway on a beautiful Spring day, music pumping through the stereo and the phone rings. I fumble for my headset, desperately trying to get to it before the all important caller hangs up. Miss the call and then can’t ring back (because I’d never use my phone in the car!). The all-important caller was Steve from Mr Mobile (a valued client!).
After telling him of my telephone woes in the car he told me all about the brand new Supertooth HD: the most powerful bluetooth car speakerphone on the market. I’m always pretty dubious about these claims, but having had a couple of long car trips in the last week, and a good opportunity to test out this little unit, I am mightly impressed.
- Total voice activation allows me to do multiple tasks, all just using my voice. I can make outgoing calls and answer, reject or ignore an incoming call.
- A voice announces who the caller is if they are in my phone book. I can screen calls without ever taking my hands off the steering wheel or eyes off the road. It comes with 6 different languages too!
- Up to 8 devices can pair to the unit at a time. This includes 2 phones, GPS and MPS players. Anything that is bluetooth enabled.
- Music streaming through the high powered speakers. This little unit fits nicely in my handbag when I’m not in the car and I can use it as a speaker set for my iPhone or iPad. Very handy and great quality sound!
- Multiple charging options allow me to either charge it through the lighter in the car or via USB cord to my computer.
- For the very tech savvy – it syncs with all sorts of applications such as Facebook, Twitter and Evernote. I can also compose email and text messages and it will read them out to me too! As a social media specialist, that means I can post, tweet and plan on the road, all through voice activation. Amazing!
This good looking little unit clips to my sun visor with a magnetic metal clip, making it easy to remove if I want to take it with me. This device has changed my life! My car is now my office and I get so much done on the road. But more importantly, it means I’m never tempted to touch my phone in the car, making me safe and sound…….and connected on the move!
Whether you have an iPhone, Blackberry, HTC or other bluetooth enabled device: Buy yours today from Mr Mobile for the special price of $119.95 and we’ll ship it tomorrow. We’ll have you hands free in no time.
The other day while waiting for a mate to put fuel into his Harley-Davidson® CVO® Street Glide® at Gloucester a group of fellow riders asked me a few questions about the Bluetooth device attached to my helmet. They were looking for something that they could use to talk to each other while riding.
I’ve had my Sena SMH10 Bluetooth intercom unit for at least 18 months now and have been very happy with it. I’m a bit of a technology luddite, so I need things to be simple to use. I don’t push the Sena SMH10’s to its capabilities using it only 2.5 different ways.
- I pair the SMH10 to my Tomtom Rider 2 GPS (product names now changed) when riding down busy highways so it can tell me where the speed cameras are. Setting it up is just like the instructions, simple and it works a treat. I also pair the GPS to my iPhone so it acts as a hands free device and receiving calls is almost seamless. It’s worth noting I already had the SENA SMH10 before I got the Tomtom so I’ve never used the Cardo bluetooth unit that came with it.
- I pair the SMH10 Bluetooth Intercom straight to my iPhone when I don’t need the GPS. This is seamless as well. The only issues I really have with that setup are my fault. I leave the SENA turned on while I go into a cafe and when the phone rings the SENA answers. I have an impression that sometimes when you walk out of range and back into range the phone doesn’t reconnect. Not sure if that’s the phone, the SMH10 or my mind playing tricks so out of habit I switch the bluetooth unit off and back on and when I hear the two beeps I know all’s good.
- I pair the SENA SM10 to my phone and try to use the phone as an pod and play music through it via blue tooth. Not sure what goes on here, it often randomly dings in my ear and jumps to the next track. But that’s not really a problem, there’s an input in the SENA you can plug the pod/phone straight into with a cable provided and bypass blue tooth for this use. I’ve never used the cable and I have only tried to use the setup for music a couple of times for the heck of it, preferring to hear the purr of my Vance and Hines Power Duals to the poppy tones of Miley Cyrus while I’m being a biker type.
One outstanding feature of the SENA is how long the batteries last. I’ve done 12+ hour days without a sign of it going flat, my iPhone’s not that lucky but I’ve got a 12v adaptor in my King Tour Pack to keep it going as long as the intercom.
I’ve also ridden in some serious rain dumps and it’s never failed or leaked internally. A couple of times after riding through major storms I’ve even noted some moisture between the bluetooth unit and where it clips onto the microphone cradle (attached to the helmet) it’s still not failed. Very cool.
The sound quality is pretty good with two speakers a good size and it’s stereo, so the music sounds good when you have it on. I’ve had no problems setting an appropriate volume with it to overcome the Harley-Davidson sound and earplugs. Sound quality the other way is also good, my better half has never complained about problems on the other end of the phone hearing/understanding what I’m saying. I do use a full faced helmet with the mic inside.
Downsides, it’s a bit big. While I haven’t noticed any additional wind noise or any detrimental effect from the size you can certainly see it from almost any angle and it frankly doesn’t look that great IMHO. Having said that, the jog dial and button on the back are really easy to use with gloves so I guess there’s a plus for the size too. The last bluetooth unit I had looked small and cool, but I have to go for function over form in this one and stick with the SENA Unit.
Apparently you can connect up to four of the units for intercom use, even though I’ve got a dual set I’ve never used it for chat with a pillion or fellow rider, so I can’t talk on that point but I’d assume that since everything else works so well, there’s no reason this feature wouldn’t.
I bought my SENA SMH10 Bluetooth Intercom Dual Pack from Mr Mobile, I don’t know if there’s cheaper pricing out there but the service is great and I had a warranty issue sorted by them quickly, very efficiently and followed up by a phone call to make sure everything was OK.
All up, the SENA SMH10 gets three thumbs up from me, for what that’s worth 🙂
This article was reproduced with permission from the author and was originally published on his blog ‘My Harley-Davidson‘.
Are you a regular horse rider? Want to communicate with other riders out on the trail or in the paddock? The brand new Sena SPH10 allows you to do just this. Imagine riding on the open range and being able to communicate with other riders, listen to music, or answer your mobile….all without wires and hands free.
This latest technology provides you with a comfortable bluetooth headset that supports the following functionality:
1. No wires and hands free: No wires, just bluetooth headsets that allow you to communicate with each other, answer phone calls and much more, providing the ultimate convenience! They are voice activated – so no buttons to press either.
2. Different locations: These headsets transmit wirelessly up to 900 meters (with line of sight), so you and up to 3 other riders can be in different locations and still communicate. Need to talk to other riders or your colleagues mustering cattle? – it is all possible if they are within a 900 meter radius.
3. You need to hear each other: these bluetooth headsets are optimized for noise suppression and high volume, so you’ll hear each other over the calls of nature and the wind whistling by as you bolt across the skyline. They provide crystal clear natural sound quality, and it is integrated with audio booster providing sufficient sound level for noisy environments.
4. Non-intrusive communication: the comfortable behind-the-head design allows riders to wear the headsets and still tackle the rigors of riding. No more bulky walkie talkies or having to dial a mobile. It is ergonomically designed to reduce pain on ears and provides a stable and secure alternative to older forms of communication.
5. All weather conditions: nothing is surer than the weather changes! As you ride the great outdoors, this is perfect for all conditions. The headsets are water resistant and are designed stable and secure to support outdoor activities.
6. Never run out of horsepower: ever had your walkie talkies or mobile run out of battery at a crucial time during on a ride? The Sena SPH10’s are equipped with long lasting battery keeping the device up to 10 hours of talk time, and 7 days of stand-by time. Great for communicating on day long rides or longer over night trips.
Sena have thought of everything for the active horseback rider. You’ll always be able to communicate important information and ride with the knowledge that in case of an emergency, you can communicate with other riders. Mr Mobile has the first shipment of these coming to Australia in mid September. Make sure you order yours now and let other riders know so that on your next ride……you’re in communication!