We all love to watch TV, whether it is sports, reality TV or high drama and now watching TV on an android device is possible.
Watching TV on an ipad or iphone has been available for a while and now support for Android devices is also available.
The iDTV S for Android devices works much the same as for the ipad and iphone version but with the micro USB port connector, and like the iOS version there is no streaming of TV over a mobile network, no internet connection, no wifi connection required and most importantly no data usage on your mobile plan.
Unlike other mobile TV products, this has a very simple set up. Download the free Android APP which supports the iDTV S and provides an easy to use interface for watching, scrolling thru channels and recording your favourite shows all whilst on the go. Once connected users can tune into Standard definition Australian TV channels which is done automatically when the app is first launched.
Of course like any Free to Air TV, users must be in a good DVB-T reception area. We tested a number of Android Handsets, Samsung S3 and S4 and Note 2 and received great coverage outdoors. The iDTV S also works on HTC One X , Plus and the Sony Xperia viewing was outstanding. Some of the Android tablets as are great to use the Idtv S with, of course check the specs to see if your device is compatible.
A couple of key features you must have on your Andriod device to ensure viewing include support for dual-core CPU and Neon support in the device , Android 4.0.3 (“Ice Cream Sandwich”) or later and the android device must also support USB OTB. Of course you will need DTT / Freeview / DVB-T coverage
Head on over to http://www.mrmobile.net.au to read more
The i-FlashDrive HD is the only portable storage solution for iPads, iPods and iPhones, with the ability to copy, swap, save, play and back up files across multiple devices. The plug, play, drag and drop pocket-sized drive allows sharing of files across iOS devices without the need for icloud or wifi connections.
The i-FlashDrive comes with both USB and 30-pin dock connector enabling a two-way data transfer between iOS devices and Mac or PC. It allows files to be transferred and saved like a regular USB drive and then view the files on the iPad, iPhone or iPod simply by plugging it in to the 30-pin dock connector, or just use it like an external hard drive for your portable iOS devices
The first time the iFlashdrive is plugged into your iOS device it automatically launches a notification to download the free iFlashdrive app.
With the USB connector it can be connected to any Mac or PC to allow users to simply drag and drop their files onto the device and by-pass having to use iTunes. There is no need to install any software drivers
Over 30 files types can be viewed, saved, copied and can include pictures, videos, audio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word files along with Keynote, Pages and Numbers files.
For pictures the device will accept all of the major files types – BMP, TIF, TIFF, XMB, GIF, ICO, CUR, JPG and PNG while the iFlashdrive will also accept all of the major video files – MPV, M4V, MOV, MP4.
For Audio the iFlashdrive can play MP3, CAF, ACC, AIF WAV AIFF and M4A files
Users can organise the iFlashdrive by creating new folders and creating new text files, upload and download photo files and even use it as a voice recorder.
It’s also possible to delete files, move files and copy files within the iFlashdrive just as you would with a USB drive on a computer.
If you own an iPad, iPhone or an iPod, then the iFlashdrive allows you to directly share files on the run and view files stored on the device’s flash memory instead of from the iOS products built in memory.
No need to to sacrifice precious space aboard your iOS.
The iFlashdrive is compatible with the new iphone 5 and ipads if a lightning dock adapter is used between the iphone 5 and iflashdrive
The iFlashdrive is available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB online from Mr Mobile Australia
Have you ever been travelling and left your charger at home, or worse, in a hotel room? This handy little travel kit (Energizer® Energi to Go® XP2000K) will make sure that you always have power at your disposal. You don’t even need an outlet!
Here are 7 reasons why you need this kit:
- It packs a punch on boosting battery life, charging Smart phones to full charge and other phones up to 3 times! Imagine when your commuting and you run out of power. Rather than being stuck with no email, games or music, pull out this little unit and your good to go!
- It can be used for more than one type of phone – so the whole family can stay juiced up! You don’t need one each – you can share the power on long trips with connection tips for iPhones, Blackberry, HTC and more!
- It’s not just about phones you know? The kit can be used to charge games and MP3 players too – now you can finish that last level and listen to tunes while you do!
- It is very portable and takes up little room when travelling. The small size makes it easy to store and carry. Its dimensions are 83.82 (L) x 58.42 x 12.7 (H) mm and it weighs just 70 grams. More space in the suitcase or the car and can even sit neatly in your handbag!
- This unit can be recharged both with an AC adaptor at home or in the hotel and also comes with cigarette car adaptor for when you are camping or on the road.
- The fast recharge of 4 hours means that you don’t have to wait overnight to be able to use the kit.
- And last but not least, this little package comes in a weatherproof travel bag. So it’s great for camping or sailing too!