Category Archives: Samsung
We all love to watch TV, whether it is sports, reality TV or high drama and now watching TV on an android device is possible.
Watching TV on an ipad or iphone has been available for a while and now support for Android devices is also available.
The iDTV S for Android devices works much the same as for the ipad and iphone version but with the micro USB port connector, and like the iOS version there is no streaming of TV over a mobile network, no internet connection, no wifi connection required and most importantly no data usage on your mobile plan.
Unlike other mobile TV products, this has a very simple set up. Download the free Android APP which supports the iDTV S and provides an easy to use interface for watching, scrolling thru channels and recording your favourite shows all whilst on the go. Once connected users can tune into Standard definition Australian TV channels which is done automatically when the app is first launched.
Of course like any Free to Air TV, users must be in a good DVB-T reception area. We tested a number of Android Handsets, Samsung S3 and S4 and Note 2 and received great coverage outdoors. The iDTV S also works on HTC One X , Plus and the Sony Xperia viewing was outstanding. Some of the Android tablets as are great to use the Idtv S with, of course check the specs to see if your device is compatible.
A couple of key features you must have on your Andriod device to ensure viewing include support for dual-core CPU and Neon support in the device , Android 4.0.3 (“Ice Cream Sandwich”) or later and the android device must also support USB OTB. Of course you will need DTT / Freeview / DVB-T coverage
Head on over to http://www.mrmobile.net.au to read more
Today we are launching the 6 Days of Christmas for great ideas in the last 6 days you’ve got left to buy those tricky Christmas presents. Order before the 20th December and we’ll get it to you in time for gift giving day!
Order online and receive 15% off your purchase when you use the coupon code BLOG at checkout.
On the first day of Christmas, Steve brings us a funky stylus for your smartphone or touchscreen tablet. These are just great! Check out the demo.
Driving down the freeway on a beautiful Spring day, music pumping through the stereo and the phone rings. I fumble for my headset, desperately trying to get to it before the all important caller hangs up. Miss the call and then can’t ring back (because I’d never use my phone in the car!). The all-important caller was Steve from Mr Mobile (a valued client!).
After telling him of my telephone woes in the car he told me all about the brand new Supertooth HD: the most powerful bluetooth car speakerphone on the market. I’m always pretty dubious about these claims, but having had a couple of long car trips in the last week, and a good opportunity to test out this little unit, I am mightly impressed.
- Total voice activation allows me to do multiple tasks, all just using my voice. I can make outgoing calls and answer, reject or ignore an incoming call.
- A voice announces who the caller is if they are in my phone book. I can screen calls without ever taking my hands off the steering wheel or eyes off the road. It comes with 6 different languages too!
- Up to 8 devices can pair to the unit at a time. This includes 2 phones, GPS and MPS players. Anything that is bluetooth enabled.
- Music streaming through the high powered speakers. This little unit fits nicely in my handbag when I’m not in the car and I can use it as a speaker set for my iPhone or iPad. Very handy and great quality sound!
- Multiple charging options allow me to either charge it through the lighter in the car or via USB cord to my computer.
- For the very tech savvy – it syncs with all sorts of applications such as Facebook, Twitter and Evernote. I can also compose email and text messages and it will read them out to me too! As a social media specialist, that means I can post, tweet and plan on the road, all through voice activation. Amazing!
This good looking little unit clips to my sun visor with a magnetic metal clip, making it easy to remove if I want to take it with me. This device has changed my life! My car is now my office and I get so much done on the road. But more importantly, it means I’m never tempted to touch my phone in the car, making me safe and sound…….and connected on the move!
Whether you have an iPhone, Blackberry, HTC or other bluetooth enabled device: Buy yours today from Mr Mobile for the special price of $119.95 and we’ll ship it tomorrow. We’ll have you hands free in no time.
Have you noticed how the last 10% of your iPad battery runs down really quickly? I was caught out last night at a really gripping point in my book, and with no charger on hand, despite willing the battery to hold out until I finished – it was lights out! If only I’d had one of these super chargers, I would know what happened at the end!
The Energizer® Energi to Go® XP4001 is one of the best portable battery chargers for your iPad and includes the USB tip PC007. The PC007 connects to the charging cable that comes with your iPad and allows you to continue using your iPad while it charges!
I don’t know about you, but I give my iPad a good work out daily. I read emails, play games, check my shares, do my banking and search the net. The battery lasts through most of that, but towards the end of the day, I’m lucky to make it through.
It has two USB ports, which means you can charge more than one device at a time, using one of the 6 tips that come with it. It isn’t just a boost for your iPad! It also charges Apple (iPhone/Nano), Samsung, LG, Mini and Micro USB (Blackberry + More), Nokia 2.5 (MB02, CB31, CB04, CB06, CB18, CB19).
So when I travel, my iPhone and iPad have back up, just in case I get caught short.
The XP4001 is great to boost battery life whilst viewing photos or watching a movie on your iPad. The battery pack recharges using an AC adaptor and charges itself up in less than 4 hours.
This offer is jam packed with iGoodness! You get:
– free connection tips for the life of the battery pack
– a free iPad stand thrown in
– the battery pack kit with battery pack, connection cables, AC adaptor and 6 connection tips.
Order your Energizer® Energi to Go® XP4001 today so you never miss the end of a book!
Have you ever been travelling and left your charger at home, or worse, in a hotel room? This handy little travel kit (Energizer® Energi to Go® XP2000K) will make sure that you always have power at your disposal. You don’t even need an outlet!
Here are 7 reasons why you need this kit:
- It packs a punch on boosting battery life, charging Smart phones to full charge and other phones up to 3 times! Imagine when your commuting and you run out of power. Rather than being stuck with no email, games or music, pull out this little unit and your good to go!
- It can be used for more than one type of phone – so the whole family can stay juiced up! You don’t need one each – you can share the power on long trips with connection tips for iPhones, Blackberry, HTC and more!
- It’s not just about phones you know? The kit can be used to charge games and MP3 players too – now you can finish that last level and listen to tunes while you do!
- It is very portable and takes up little room when travelling. The small size makes it easy to store and carry. Its dimensions are 83.82 (L) x 58.42 x 12.7 (H) mm and it weighs just 70 grams. More space in the suitcase or the car and can even sit neatly in your handbag!
- This unit can be recharged both with an AC adaptor at home or in the hotel and also comes with cigarette car adaptor for when you are camping or on the road.
- The fast recharge of 4 hours means that you don’t have to wait overnight to be able to use the kit.
- And last but not least, this little package comes in a weatherproof travel bag. So it’s great for camping or sailing too!
Aren’t the new smart phones amazing? How could we live without them? Play that game, listen to that tune, download that app, buy that shirt, find that restaurant, check in, post, follow and friend – if only it would make a cup of coffee! We demand so much of our smart phones these days with more functionality and slimmer, lighter casing and we still want longer battery life.
With all that activity, the drain on our batteries can still leave us short on power. PowerSkins® have come up with a solution. These soft cases feature a built in battery that packs an additional 1500 mAh of power for your Android powered Smartphone. With twice the power for your Smart phone, the PowerSkin® will give you 340 minutes of extra talk time. They are available for the HTC Desire and the HTC HD7.
The sleek design fits your phone like a skin, with openings for the camera lens and all ports. When you drop your phone or it gets knocked about – the silicone rubber protects your phone. Imagine life without it? Can’t? Then grab a PowerSkin® today. They’ve just arrived in Australia and are waiting to come protect your phone! Order now!
- Power Capacity: 1500mAh
- Input Spec: 5V, 1A
- Output Spec: 5V, 1A
- Talk Time: 340 Mins*
- Standby: 300 Hours*
- Product Dimensions:
5L X 2.99W X 0.93H inches
12.8LX 7.6W X 2.4H cm
- Weight: 0.17lbs / 77.1g
- Package Contents:
PowerSkin Case & Charging Cable
They’re not called PowerSkins for nothing!
Imagine being stuck on the train and your battery runs out – no music, no phone, no email. Or you’re about to snap a quick photo of your kids on holiday and the phone goes dead. Or you leave your charger at home and your battery is low at the office. We have the solution! Slip on a PowerSkin and recharge your phone in a matter of minutes. You’ll never be left short on power for your phone again!
PowerSkin®, maker of shock-absorbing, battery-boosting smartphone cases, has announced the availability of skins for the HTC Inspire 4G and HTC Desire HD, boasting 1500 mAh of power. Mr Mobile is hot on the trail and has stock arriving in a few weeks for the BlackBerry, HTC and Samsung…..and of course the iPhone 4.
“Until now, Android users have been faced with very limited choices to extend battery life on these energy-guzzling phones,” said David Becker, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at PowerSkin® / XPAL Power. “PowerSkins® fill that gap, providing a convenient, compact source of power, ideal for use on-the-go.”
PowerSkins® are made of flexible, silicone rubber that protects against those inevitable drops, and they feature technology that extends battery life up to 8 hours.
Don’t be caught short again. At just $89.95 these will go fast – so make sure you pre-order today!