We all love to watch TV, whether it is sports, reality TV or high drama and now watching TV on an android device is possible.
Watching TV on an ipad or iphone has been available for a while and now support for Android devices is also available.
The iDTV S for Android devices works much the same as for the ipad and iphone version but with the micro USB port connector, and like the iOS version there is no streaming of TV over a mobile network, no internet connection, no wifi connection required and most importantly no data usage on your mobile plan.
Unlike other mobile TV products, this has a very simple set up. Download the free Android APP which supports the iDTV S and provides an easy to use interface for watching, scrolling thru channels and recording your favourite shows all whilst on the go. Once connected users can tune into Standard definition Australian TV channels which is done automatically when the app is first launched.
Of course like any Free to Air TV, users must be in a good DVB-T reception area. We tested a number of Android Handsets, Samsung S3 and S4 and Note 2 and received great coverage outdoors. The iDTV S also works on HTC One X , Plus and the Sony Xperia viewing was outstanding. Some of the Android tablets as are great to use the Idtv S with, of course check the specs to see if your device is compatible.
A couple of key features you must have on your Andriod device to ensure viewing include support for dual-core CPU and Neon support in the device , Android 4.0.3 (“Ice Cream Sandwich”) or later and the android device must also support USB OTB. Of course you will need DTT / Freeview / DVB-T coverage
Head on over to http://www.mrmobile.net.au to read more
The i-FlashDrive HD is the only portable storage solution for iPads, iPods and iPhones, with the ability to copy, swap, save, play and back up files across multiple devices. The plug, play, drag and drop pocket-sized drive allows sharing of files across iOS devices without the need for icloud or wifi connections.
The i-FlashDrive comes with both USB and 30-pin dock connector enabling a two-way data transfer between iOS devices and Mac or PC. It allows files to be transferred and saved like a regular USB drive and then view the files on the iPad, iPhone or iPod simply by plugging it in to the 30-pin dock connector, or just use it like an external hard drive for your portable iOS devices
The first time the iFlashdrive is plugged into your iOS device it automatically launches a notification to download the free iFlashdrive app.
With the USB connector it can be connected to any Mac or PC to allow users to simply drag and drop their files onto the device and by-pass having to use iTunes. There is no need to install any software drivers
Over 30 files types can be viewed, saved, copied and can include pictures, videos, audio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word files along with Keynote, Pages and Numbers files.
For pictures the device will accept all of the major files types – BMP, TIF, TIFF, XMB, GIF, ICO, CUR, JPG and PNG while the iFlashdrive will also accept all of the major video files – MPV, M4V, MOV, MP4.
For Audio the iFlashdrive can play MP3, CAF, ACC, AIF WAV AIFF and M4A files
Users can organise the iFlashdrive by creating new folders and creating new text files, upload and download photo files and even use it as a voice recorder.
It’s also possible to delete files, move files and copy files within the iFlashdrive just as you would with a USB drive on a computer.
If you own an iPad, iPhone or an iPod, then the iFlashdrive allows you to directly share files on the run and view files stored on the device’s flash memory instead of from the iOS products built in memory.
No need to to sacrifice precious space aboard your iOS.
The iFlashdrive is compatible with the new iphone 5 and ipads if a lightning dock adapter is used between the iphone 5 and iflashdrive
The iFlashdrive is available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB online from Mr Mobile Australia
Here are our top 12 key differences between two fantastic bluetooth intercom headsets from Sena.
- The SMH 5 model is primarily designed with scooter riders in mind, whilst the SMH 10 is designed for motorcycle riders and groups.
- The SMH10 supports 4-way multipair conferencing, in other words, 4 riders can talk together.
- The SMH 5 is small and lightweight compared to the SMH 10 whilst the larger jog dial wheel on the SMH 10 is easy to use with gloves, turning volume up down, and most importantly easy to put on standby when the Misses is talking too much.
- The SMH 10 will give up to 900 metres intercom between riders whilst the SMH 5 will provide up to 400 metres intercom between riders.
- The SMH 10 has great optional clamp kits readily available to suit different helmets including clamp kits such as BYO earbuds for riders who wish to use your own.
- The SMH 10 dual kit has two of absolutely everything in the twin pack which makes it a great pack for mates to split and share for intercoms
- The SMH 5 will give you up to 8 hours talk time whilst the SMH 10 will give you up to 12 hours, as easy full days ride.
- The SMH10 supports VOX whilst the SMH5 does not .
- The SMH 5 will give you up to 7 days standby whilst the SMH10 will give you up to 10 days
- The SMH 5 has an optional detachable microphone from the clamp kit so if you just want to listen to music or your GPS navigation then you don’t need the microphone bobbing around in front of your chin, of course this means you cannot talk.
- The SMH 10 helmet clamp kits will allow riders to use non Bluetooth devices via an input 3.5mm jack so iPod’s or other MP3s which don’t have Bluetooth can still be connected.
- In the SMH 5 sales pack, riders are supplied with a micro USB cable for charging whilst both the single and dual SMH 10 packs are currently supplied with 3 charging options; a bike cig charger; AC power adapter and a micro USB charge cable
Whatever your requirements the SMH5 or SMH10 will ensure a more relaxed, safe and enjoyable ride. Both models are software upgradable via the micro USB port, and are supported by a 2 year warranty.
We all love to watch TV, whether it is sports, reality TV or high drama and now watching TV anywhere, anytime on your ipad or iphone 4S is possible. Watching Australian Free to Air TV on your ipad2, new iPad or iphone4S is amazingly simple with the plug and play iDTV dock. Simply download the free app from the app store, plug in your iDTV, tune in your channels and start watching TV.
There is no streaming of TV over a mobile network, no internet connection and no requirement to log into a wifi network . No additional software and most importantly no data usage on your mobile plan. The iDTV has its own built in battery so you wont drain the power from your devices.
We love our sport and with the Olympics just around the corner this TV dock is essential for viewing all the action and if you can’t watch your favourite program live, you can hit the record button and watch it later.
Of course like any Free to Air TV, users must be in a good DVB-T reception area , or if not simply use the optional supplied terrestrial antenna to receive a great signal and excellent TV picture .
Unlike other mobile TV products, this has a very simple set up.
There is a free App from the Apple Apps store which supports the iDTV dock and provides an easy to use interface for watching, scrolling thru channels and recording your favourite shows all whilst on the go. Once connected users can tune into the Australian TV channels which is done automatically when the app is first launched.
The iDTV is MFI certified (made for iphone/ipad) and you will also need to be running your iPad 2, New iPad or iphone 4s with the latest iOS . The iDTV has its own built in battery which means it wont run the power down on your iOS devices, during testing we got over 6 hours of viewing time.
Available from www.mrmobile.net.au
The Ski Season is just around the corner and now listening, talking with your mates as you glide thru the snow is possible. The SPH10S is a Bluetooth Headset & Intercom designed and manufactured by Sena Technologies Inc. for aftermarket use with certain Snow Sports Helmets manufactured by others. With the SPH10S, you can call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone and listen to stereo music by Bluetooth wirelessly, and have intercom conversatins in full duplex with other users.
Thanks to the latest Bluetooth v2.1 and the advanced digital processing technology, the SPH10S offers the best sound quality for both incoming and outgoing sound in its class. Also, the easy-to-access and intuitive button operations make the SPH10S a perfect companion for snow sports.
- Bluetooth v2.1+EDR
- Firmware upgradeable
- Bluetooth intercom up to 900 metres*
- Multi-Pair Bluetooth intercom for 4 persons
- 4-Way Conference Intercom
- Bluetooth stereo headset
- Bluetooth music playback control
- Crystal clear and natural sound quality
- Quick installation and no compromising fit and comfort of the helmet
- Replacement ear flaps for Giro®/Smith®/Burton RED® helmets
- Easy headset Controls by versatile Jog Dial
- Bluetooth hands-free for Bluetooth mobile phones
- Snow and water resistant
- 10 hours talk time, 7 days stand-by time
- Peace of Mind – thanks to the 2-year warranty
* in open terrain
Building on the success of the “SMH10, The Best Motorcycle Headset and Intercom”. Sena have now introduced a new version the SMH5.
The Sena SMH5 Bluetooth Intercom headset for helmets is designed specifically for Motorcycle and Scooter riders and allows wireless communications via a mobile phone or intercom conversations with other riders or your pillion passenger.
The SMH5 supports Bluetooth connectivity with up to 4 riders using the Multi-Pair Intercom functionality. Stereo Speakers means you will experience great sound whilst listening to music or talking with a pillion or other motorcycle riders. Pairing a GPS to the headset also means turn by turn instructions are heard loud and clear. Additionally a UHF two way radio can also be connected to the SMH5 via the bluetooth adapter SR10
We get asked a lot what the difference is between the SMH5 and the SMH10. Here is the comparison:
|Sena SMH10 v SMH5 Product Comparison|
|Talk time: HOURS||12||8|
|Standby time: DAYS||10||7|
|Working Distance (Intercom) in open terrain||900metres||400 metres|
|Headset Dimensions||84.1mm x 56.5mm x 38.6mm||70mm x 45mm x 30.6mm|
|Clamp unit:||224mm x 85.5mm x 30.6mm||49mm x 39mm x 22mm|
|Headset Weight||60 g||40 g|
|Clamp unit Weight||84 g||37 g|
|Hand-Free Profile (HFP),||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),||Yes||Yes|
|Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)||Yes||Yes|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth V2.1+EDR||Bluetooth V3.0|
|BT Multipoint connectivity||Yes||Yes|
|Built-in SBC Codec||Yes||Yes|
|wind noise reduction||Yes||Yes|
|wide volume control||Yes||Yes|
|sample rate: 48kHz (DAC)||Yes||Yes|
|auxiliary audio-in connection via 3.5mm jack||Yes||NO|
|Battery Charging time:||2.5||2.5|
|Optional Clamp Kits||Attachable Boom, wired mic & earbuds||Boom & wired mic Only, NO Earbud|
|Bluetooth Connection to SR10||Yes||Yes|
|Intercom Conferencing||YES up to 4||YES up to 5|
|2 Year Warranty||Yes||Yes|
|Whats in the Box||SMH10 BT Unit||SMH5 BT Unit|
|USB Power Cable||USB Power Cable ONLY|
|DC Power Charger||Boom Microphone + mic sponge|
|Cigarette Charger||Wired Speaker|
|3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack Cable||Clamp Unit|
|Speaker – Microphone Clamp Unit||Velcro Pad & a spacer|
|Glued Surface Mounting Adaptor||Glued Surface Mounting Adaptors|
|Velcro Pad||Hex/Allen Keys|
Do you go bush walking, camping, riding or just enjoy being away from an electrical socket? Even enjoying the great outdoors, we still need to keep our devices charged and ready to use. Now you can do that without the convenience of a power socket.
The SP1001 Portable Solar Charger is a great backup battery for you micro USB, smartphone, or mobile device. The lightweight, but durable compact size is designed for outdoor use and includes a convenient carabiner clip for easy positioning or carrying around.
- Efficient Charge smart solar panel technology maximizes the sun’s energy
- Durable Designed for outdoor use, is weatherproof, dust-proof and heat resistant
- Easy to Carry Lightweight and low profile – position or hang it with the caribineer clip included.
- Rechargeable Can be used again and again
The 1000mAh Lithium Polymer internal battery is a great backup battery for your micro USB powered smartphone, iPhone or similar device. Lighweight and durable the SP1001 features charge smart solar panel technology maximising the sun’s energy.
Mr Mobile Australia is pleased to announce the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Trade-in Program! The SMH10B Upgrade kit is a new kit designed to support Mr Mobile’s Sena customers who have purchased a SMH10 prior to September 2011 and wish to make use of the firmware upgrades from Sena.
This kit will be made available via a trade-in Program by Mr Mobile Australia and includes FREE SHIPPING
The SMH10B upgrade kit consists of
- 1 x bluetooth main module with Micro USB charging port
- 1 x micro USB Power Cable
- 1 x cigarette charger with micro USB
New Features of SMH10B
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- Firmware upgradeable
- Pairing with selective profile A2DP stereo or Handsfree.
This is a TRADE-in Program ONLY.
Please follow the process below to receive your upgrade kit(s)
- Purchase and Pay for the SMH10 Updgrade kit(s) online.
- Click here to download trade in form to return your trade-in units
- Return the old version BT module only, DO NOT SEND any other components. Post to Mr Mobile, Shop E, 1 Shirley st Alexandria NSW 2015.
- The New units will ONLY be sent after receipt of trade-in units.
The XP1000 Portable Charger is the best Emergency Charger for most mobile phones and more. The ultra slim size makes it convenient to carry, yet it packs long lasting, reliable power. Will work with all iPhone models, including the new iPhone 4. It also includes 4 Mobile Phone Tips: Apple (iPhone/Nano) , Mini (Blackberry + More), Micro USB (Blackberry + More), Nokia 2.5 (MB02, CB31, CB04, CB06).
The XP2000 Portable Charger will recharge and power most smart phones (Blackberry, HTC, iPhone plus more) with a full charge and more – and mobile phones up to 3 full charges! Great for music or game players too!
Steve will answer all your questions about the differences and discover which is best for you! www.mrmobile.net.au
The Sena SMH5 is on its way to Australia! We will be showcasing it this weekend at the Australian Motorcycle Show on the Gold Coast. Come and find us for your personal demonstration of its fabulous features.
The SMH5 is a Bluetooth v3.0 Stereo Headset with Bluetooth Intercom is designed specifically for motorcycles. With the SMH5, you can call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone, listen to music or voice instructions from your GPS and have two-way intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger or other motorcycle riders.
Thanks to the latest Bluetooth v3.0 and the advanced digital processing technology, the SMH5 offers the best sound quality for both incoming and outgoing sound in its class. Also, the easy-to-access and intuitive button operations make the SMH5 a perfect companion for motorcycles.
The SMH5 has a few less items in the sales pack and a with a basic offering, it comes with a very enticing price!
Features (Fact Sheet Sena SMH5)
* Bluetooth Specification v3.0
* Bluetooth Intercom up to 400 metres***
* Multi-Pair Bluetooth intercom for 4 persons
* Bluetooth stereo headset for Bluetooth audio devices such as MP3 players
* Bluetooth music playback control by AVRCP: play, pause, track forward and track back
* Easy operation by versatile Jog Dial
* Sufficient sound level with integrated audio booster
* Bluetooth hands-free for Bluetooth mobiles
* Bluetooth headset or stereo headset for Bluetooth GPS navigation
* Water resistant for use in inclement weather
* Crystal clear and natural sound quality
* Individual volume control for each audio source
* Firmware upgradeable
* Up to 8 hours talk time, 7 days stand-by time
*** in open terrain
Whats in the Box
- 1 X Headset Main Unit
- 1 x Glued Surface Mounting Adaptor
- 1 x Velcro Pad
- 1 x Speaker – Microphone Clamp Unit
- 1 x USB Power Cable,
- NB: there is no A/C charger or Cig Charger included these are sold separately
- 1 x Microphone sponge
- 1x Hex/Allen Key
Arriving shortly in Australia, so pre-order yours now to get some of the first to arrive!